Authorities are investigating reports of rape inside a Bronx school building earlier this month.
Police say it happened at 1000 Teller Avenue in Concourse Village, a building that houses CJHS 145, MS 325 and MS 328.
Investigators say two teenaged boys - ages 13 and 14 - are accused of sexually assaulting two girls - ages 12 and 13 - inside the facilities auditorium.
The girls were taken to Lincoln Medical Center for evaluation.
The boys are facing charges of rape and committing criminal sex acts.
Police say the assault happened on October 16, but this was the first some say they have heard about it.
"Nothing was sent home for my son, or no knowledge. We were just upstairs with the teachers and nothing was told to us. And this is ridiculous," said one parent.
"Nowadays nothing is really shocking but that is shocking to hear, of a bunch of kids doing that," said another parent.
"Matter of fact my heart is beating. Wow. I can't believe it," noted a third parent.
In a statement, Schools Chancellor Carmen Farina said she was disturbed by the news, adding, in part, "As a mother and grandmother, I treat every student as my own and every school must be a safe haven. The NYPD is addressing this matter, and we have provided additional guidance counselors and support to the school."