Sunday, December 21, 2014

Follow us:
Follow @NY1 on Twitter Follow NY1 News on Facebook Follow NY1 News on Google+ Subscribe to this news feed 


Police Investigate Fatal Shooting on SI

  • Text size: + -
TWC News: Police Investigate Fatal Shooting on SI
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.

Police say two people are dead and another is injured after they were all shot in the head on Staten Island Friday evening.

Police say they found 86-year-old Heriberto Pagan lying unconscious outside his car with a gunshot wound to the head at the corner of Rockwell Avenue and Clifton Avenue shortly after 6 p.m. Friday.

They say that they were then alerted to a victim at a building on Virginia Avenue, and police say that when they arrived, they found Pagan's 47-year-old grandson in front of the building and 28-year-old Claritle Christina Huerta, his grandson's girlfriend, inside the building, each with gunshot wounds to the head.

Sources have identified Pagan's grandson as Michael Feliciano.

Police allege that Pagan shot his grandson while his grandson was approaching the building on Virginia Avenue and then shot Huerta inside the building.

They say that Pagan then fled to the corner of Rockwell Avenue and Clifton Avenue, where they say he shot himself.

Sources say Pagan got involved in a dispute over Feliciano's mother evicting the couple from their home.

Huerta was transported to Staten Island University North Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

Pagan was transported to Richmond University Medical Center, where he was also pronounced dead.

The 47-year-old man is in stable condition at Staten Island University Hospital.

Neighbors say that there were some domestic issues with the family in the past, but that they are shocked by what happened.

"There was a lot of problems in that house, I could say, but it never really exploded the way it exploded today," said one person. "This is actually probably a buildup to everything that's been happening for the years."

"You would never think it would happen next door to you," said another. "Never."

Police say they found the couple's four-month-old son unharmed inside the house.

Sources say the child remains hospitalized and is in the custody of the father. ClientIP:, UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 ( Profile: TWCSAMLSP